When the first email was sent in the 1970s, it was impossible to predict that email would become one of the most important forms of marketing. Today, it is easy to say that this type of marketing is perhaps the most effective form of online advertising.
Online advertising has grown to become the cornerstone of any successful business. No matter the nature of the business, a robust digital presence goes a long way into turning investments into profits.
Of course, there are other forms of online advertising as opposed to email marketing. However, we can categorically tell you that they are not as impactful and easy to implement as emails.
Let’s clear up the mystery about email marketing. It is the broad term used to describe the act of sending a message of commercial intent via email. These messages are not only sent to prospective customers. With email marketing, you have a way to keep up with both your existing and soon-to-be customers.
As mentioned earlier, it is a broad term. To the layman, email marketing is all about sending adverts in electronic mail format. However, with such marketing, you open the communication line between you and your customer base. You can ask for sales, procure investment from business minded customers, and ask for donations while advertising. You can also send relevant content which tells customers more about your brand and the services you offer.
Email marketing allows your extensive customer base to feel like they are part of something way more significant and unique. You are able to build brand loyalty, awareness, and trust. Good correspondence maintained by email marketing ensures that your customers are inclined to continue doing business with your company. And the best part is, with the various email marketing platforms available today, a lot of the actual process can be automated, while still offering your customers a personalized marketing experience.
Why You Should Care About Email Marketing
Perhaps you’re wondering how a platform as mundane as email can give you immense return on investments. With email marketing, the profit per $1 is a staggering 3,800%. Keep reading to see the statistics that back up these vast returns.
- Over 4 billion email accounts send up to 196 billion emails every day.
- According to research, as many as 77% percent of customers prefer emails for marketing correspondence.
- 44% of customers who have become the recipients of targeted emails have admitted to buying products and services due to the influence of promotional messages.
- 91% of avid internet users check their email accounts at least once every day on their mobile phones.
- Email marketing is the most significant driver of Black Friday sales with over 41% of total sales being driven by email promotional content.
There are different types of content you can include in emails to make sure that your advertising is on point. The different types of content that can be sent while engaging in email marketing include:
- Follow-up emails on orders made by customers
- Emails to remind customers about abandoned carts
- Follow-up emails sent to new members
- Welcome emails sent to new visitors to your website
So, whether you’re a B2B or B2C company operating in retail or services, email marketing still remains an effective way to communicate with your past, present, and future customers.
Use this infographic as a reference in the future for creating optimized email campaigns for your audience. Just make sure you know exactly how it fits into your B2B marketing funnel.