We have just confirmed Spiralytics for another year of PPC, SEO and Content Marketing strategies – we consider them as an extension of our marketing department allowing us to focus on running our business and handling the leads generated from our website and improving search rankings. We have never had more leads coming in after years of bumbling digital marketing strategies working solo, but now with Spiralytics we are achieving and exceeding targets!
Grow Your Business With Professional SEO Services
Our SEO experts can provide data-driven Search Engine Optimization solutions to ensure that prospects find you when searching for your products & services.
Most searchers don’t click on ads!
Search ads can be a great way to drive new business profitably, but 95% of searchers skip the ads and go directly to the regular, non-paid organic search results. Your business needs to be there, as many people associate Google’s trust in your website as a business they’d like to work with.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is broken down into 5 parts:
- Standard Desktop and Mobile SEO
- Local SEO
- Voice SEO
- Video SEO (YouTube)
- Reputation Management
For Standard Desktop and Mobile SEO, our approach looks like this:
What searches are most relevant for people looking for your business
We start by learning as much as we can about your products, services, and the target market for each. We’ll focus on your best customers, and then reverse engineer how those people would search when looking for you. We also look at the top competitors in your industry to see what they are spending on for PPC, and which keywords they are naturally ranking for. Once we narrow down this list, we extract all possible synonyms and variations.
We then look at the following to determine where to focus:
- Results of ad spend for those keywords (if you have a PPC campaign running)
- Monthly search volume in your target market
- Relevancy: We help you see conversion-focused keywords versus informational searches
- Difficulty: If your site is new, you should avoid difficult searches initially until you’ve built up authority in Google’s eyes
If you have a large number of products and services, we also look to initially focus on the certain areas of your offering:
- Less competition, unique offering
- Highest historical conversion rates
- Easiest close rates if we are passing leads to your sales team
Once this analysis is complete, we tune each page of your site to rank for our target keywords. This is called:
SEO On-Page Optimization
Once we choose which keywords we should focus on for a particular page, we need to optimize the following page elements for those keywords:
Once we’ve initially tuned the page, we come back later and work on improving click-through rates of your page. We run experiments to encourage more people to click through to your site, and at the same time, make the page more appealing so that future customers stay on your page longer. Google values both and many consider these to be ranking factors.
In parallel with Keyword Research and On-Page Optimization, we need to build up the authority of your site in Google’s eyes. Links from other relevant high-authority websites are still considered the top ranking factor for Google to decide to place your site on page 1 for your target terms. This process is called:
SEO Off-Page Optimization, or Link Building
We don’t like to call it “link building,” mainly because that implies that you are manually placing links on websites and pages that allow you to do this freely. Google does not value these types of links (e.g.: blog comments, generic forums, and social bookmarks).
The best links are earned by content that provides value to your future customers. Our Content Marketing Services are specifically designed to build content that earns links. When we build content for your brand, we have found that the following content types work best:
- Data Visualization
- Resources (the best answer or repository of information about Topic X)
- Industry Statistics
- Case Studies & How-to’s
The team is also highly experienced in finding other creative ways of encouraging other site owners, bloggers and journalists to link to your site:
- HARO: (Help a reporter out) We scour this site for opportunities for you to be included as an expert reference when a journalist needs this for a future piece. These come fast and must be researched daily.
- Guest Posting: Frequently, sites are looking for experts to post topics useful for their audiences. We hunt these opportunities down in your industry, then pitch and win guest posting spots. Your brand and expert are then featured in front of their audience
- Mentions: Your company & brand will be mentioned online. We have the tools to pick these up near real-time. In cases where the mention is positive, we quickly reach out to the author to thank them for the coverage, and also politely ask them to link back to your site so that their audience can click through and visit. If the coverage is negative, we quickly let you know so that you can reach out and fix the problem before it turns into a reputation or negative PR issue.
- Broken Link Building: Sometimes your competitors mistakenly delete content on their site that has already earned some links from other websites. If you have similar content on your site, it is an opportunity to reach out to the linking sites, let them know about the missing content, and have them redirect to your site. In most cases site owners are quite happy to fix this as it provides a better user experience for their readers.
- Stolen Images and Content: Sometimes your custom images and content are re-used on the internet without giving attribution to the content creator (you!). We have the tools and process to detect when this happens, then reach out to the person who used your intellectual property, and request attribution (a link!) to your website. Often times they oblige. If they do not, we promptly file a DMCA request to have this unauthorized content taken down.
- Industry News: If your blog is first to cover breaking industry news, journalists will be quick to reference you post. Timely outreach to industry journalists can accelerate this process.
- Other techniques: As we benchmark your competitors and uncover the best performing content in the industry, we’ll often find unique tactics that acquire links.
Our SEO Full-Service SEO company looks at link building similarly to how we look at Pay Per Click (PPC): There are thousands of possible methods to achieve success. Based on years and years of outreach, we identify the method we think will work best, but run a series of tests to validate our educated assumptions. If tactics perform better than others, we adjust accordingly.
All of this hard work will be futile if the technical fundamentals of your website are not in place. This part of SEO is called:
Technical SEO Audits
We will perform an initial audit upon launch, and then monthly maintenance checks to make sure nothing is broken as you are adding new content to your site:
- Page speed: This is critical to Google, as well as your website visitors. Slow loading increases bounce rate and decreases conversions.
- Robots.txt and Sitemap: These tools ensure that Google’s crawlers visit your priority pages as frequently as possible, and ignore non-critical pages.
- Broken Links: If you delete content on your site and other pages are linking to it, you need to update those links. Not doing so provides bad user experience, as most people leave a site when they experience your “404 page”.
- Duplicate Content: Sometimes your content management system will unknowingly create duplicate pages across your site or duplicate tags. We scan for this and correct it as it happens. Too much of this can encourage Google to reduce the visibility of your site.
- Mobile Usability: In 2018, Google introduced this as a negative ranking factor. We’ve built a tool to find cases where your site ranks differently on desktop than it does on mobile, and highlights it as a potential issue.
Before we start all of our SEO optimization work, we highly advise to take a good look identifying weak spots in your website preventing conversions. This is called Conversion Rate Optimization. We look at 3 aspects of your site to look for common problems:
HotJar: This is a heatmap tool that shows where visitors click and hover on each page, shows scroll depth, and records visitor sessions to highlight problems.
Analytics: Google Analytics can show you pages that have unreasonable bounce rates, lack of conversion, and exit rates. We walk through a standard audit and uncover problem areas.
Heuristic best practices: Best practices such as trust symbols near calls-to-action can easily be overlooked. We have a checklist of 50 common problems that we audit to identify improvement areas.
After looking at each of the above 3, we create a series of A/B tests that we believe will improve the conversion rate of your site. We show you the rationale behind each, and then you decide if you’d like us to implement these tests.
Our approach works for all types of businesses:
B2B Lead Generation
This approach tends to be a “needle in the haystack” where your target market is small, but your average revenue per client is large. Often times, potential clients use Google to build up their target list for RFP, and your company needs to be on page 1.
B2C Lead Generation
We’ve done extensive work here as well. Your site is used to generate leads, and then pass those leads to a sales team to close the business. Similar to B2B, we are constantly in contact with your sales team to let us understand the quality of leads and the leads that convert to sales. We optimize our efforts to the best performing keywords and pages on your site.
The approach for eCommerce sites is similar to B2C lead generation. The main difference is that often times, the volume of products and categories is quite large, and we need to focus on the top performing categories initially, then work our way out to the rest of the site. We implement a tight feedback look with analytics and your historical sales to help make these decisions. Also, price wars lead to rapid changes in conversion rates if you have competitors selling the same or similar products.
Publishers typically make money on placements, through both native articles and pay per click. SEO Organic traffic is critical. Similar to our Blog Optimization Process, we have built a tool that systematically reviews each page of your site (even if there are thousands), and looks for keyword opportunities. If a post is ranking at the bottom of page 1 for a term with high search volume and low to mid competition, this is a great opportunity to bring this to the top of the page and drive additional traffic. When we encounter these opportunities our team will then:
- Adjust the page title, headlines, and content
- Build internal links from other relevant pages to pass authority
- Build external links from other websites to this page
This process will then substantially increase traffic to our target page.
What it’s like to work with Spiralytics:
We Launch Quickly
Most other agencies claim that they need 1 month of R&D before they can launch. This is wasteful as many things can be implemented in the first week:
- Setting up Google Analytics (accurate tracking, conversions)
- Setting up Google Search Console
- Keyword Research for the first 10 pages for your review
- On-Page Optimization for the first 10 pages
- Initial SEO Technical Audit
- Initial Content ideas to earn links
Fully Automated Reporting
Most agencies report monthly on SEO. Our automated platform allows you to see results in real time:
- Inquiries and Conversions from SEO, and which pages delivered
- Traffic Improvement by page, or grouped by different parts of your site
- Keyword Rankings
- Keyword Opportunities
As we build your site and add links, our team will give you insights into the reasons for improvement and offer new ideas that we are discovering as we move through our optimization process. Since reporting is audited, there is no “spinning” of the results each month. The data is transparent, and you have full access for free as part of each SEO implementation.