It’s no secret that Facebook advertising has proven its worth to businesses. Although it’s originally created to connect friends, Facebook has been helping businesses reach their target audiences and hit their marketing and sales goals. In fact, Facebook’s ad revenue rose 25% to a record $20.7 billion in Q4 of 2019 from a year earlier, which only means that there’s a significant appeal to businesses.
Today, not exploring the power of Facebook to capture leads is almost synonymous with missing huge marketing and sales opportunities. The social media platform offers a variety of ad formats to meet goals such as building brand awareness and increasing sales. Lead ads, video ads, page post engagement, carousel ads, and link click ads are just a few examples that can help people discover businesses on Facebook.
Businesses or marketers, to be specific, can also create their own business page on Facebook to connect with users. As of December 31, 2017, Facebook already has 2.5 billion monthly active users worldwide, which translates to more chances of reaching the right audience.
In this post, let’s make sense of the statistics to deeply understand how Facebook can be used as a lead generation machine.
Facebook has a wide audience for different markets.
- 2.5 billion monthly active users as of Q4 2019. (Statista)
- 1.66 billion daily active users on average for Q4 2019. (Facebook)
- Facebook’s Q4 2019 results showed that 190 million daily active users in US and Canada, 641 million monthly active users in Asia-Pacific, and 294 monthly active users in Europe.
- Around half of America’s teens use Facebook; 51% of those ages 13 to 17 say they use the social networking site. (Pew Research Center)
- Around eight-in-ten (79%) of those ages 18 to 29 use Facebook – much higher than the share among those 65 and older (46%). (Pew Research Center)
Facebook brings high engagement to businesses and brands.
- 39% of Facebook users follow business pages to get offers. (Business2Community)
- 32% of Facebook users engage with brands regularly. (DigitalMarketing.org)
- Globally, the average Facebook page engagement rate is 28.3%, while the average engagement rate per post is 3.22% and the average engagement on reach is 0.09%. (Iconosquare)
- Over 2.5 billion comments are posted on Facebook Pages. (Forbes)
- 50% of Facebook users access it more than once a day. (Invesp)
- Facebook users are accessing the site or app eight times per day on average. (Smart Insights)
- On average, Facebook videos receive about 135% more organic traffic and engagement than images. (Yumyum Videos)
- Facebook posts with less than 250 characters receive 60% more engagement. (Invesp)
- 87% of a Facebook Page’s engagement happens on photo posts. (Invesp)
- Posts with photos have 179% more engagement than other posts. (Adespresso)
Facebook ads are taking the digital landscape by storm with excellent performance.
- The average cost per click for a Facebook Ad across all industries is $1.72. (Wordstream)
- Ads with a score of 8 have a 77% higher CTR, while ads with a score of 10 have a 158% higher CTR than those with a score of 3. (Adespresso)
- Carousel ads perform 10 times better than regular Facebook ads. (Digiday)
- Facebook is being used for advertising by 92% of social marketers. (Invesp)
- Images are responsible for 75% to 90% of an ad’s performance on Facebook. (Customer Acquisition)
- A Kinetic study found that video ads produce the lowest effective cost per click compared to other ad types. (Backlinko)
Businesses are using Facebook to meet their targets.
- Over 7 million active advertisers were using the social networking platform to promote their products and services in Q3 of 2019. (Statista)
- Over 90 million small businesses use Facebook, with majority using it for free through Facebook Pages, groups, and Messenger. (Facebook)
- 26% of Facebook users who clicked on ads went on to make purchases. (Kleiner Perkins)
- Mobile Facebook and social ads drove over 36 billion calls to US businesses in 2019. (BIA/Kelsey)
- Across all industries, the average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads is 0.89%. (Wordstream)
Businesses can reach both desktop and mobile users on Facebook.
- 98% of active its user accounts worldwide accessed Facebook via mobile devices. (Statista)
- Mobile ad revenue represented approximately 94% of Facebook’s advertising revenue in Q2 of 2019. (Facebook)
- Facebook estimated that 75% of total mobile data traffic by 2020 would be from mobile (Facebook)
Using Facebook Effectively
While Facebook can help boost lead generation campaigns, it is wise to follow the best practices and correct common misconceptions about Facebook ads to avoid wasting your budget.
If you think you do not have the proper knowledge and expertise to run a Facebook lead generation campaign, then it’s best to hire a digital marketing agency to carry it out for you to guarantee better results.