Absolutely Required Characteristics: Strong Leadership Skills, Driver-Motivator. Good communication and Good English, Very Organized, Trustworthy. Low score/evaluation of these are ‘deal breakers’.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Program Manager to work with our internal SW development teams as well as our Website and SaaS Development team, or any external SW development services to realize this exciting capability across our products. You will be responsible to scope, plan, and deliver functionality, while coordinating with stakeholders and executives to drive issue resolution and alignment.
Engineering excellence is expected. Spiralytics is operating in full force and we are looking forward to virtually interviewing you!
Skills and Responsibilities
- Work with our internal development teams to define technical objectives and development goals for production-bound and prototype development efforts, then manage and track the development schedule to realize these goals.
- Interface and collaborate with cross-functional development partners to drive technical alignment, schedule alignment, and issue resolution.
- Communicate status and the big picture to the project team, stakeholders, and executive level.
- Develop and iterate on best practices to increase development efficiency while staying aligned with industry standard development practices.
- Determine and define the project scope, goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Designing contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables and objectives
- Requisition manpower based on work demand and project manpower requirements accurately
- Estimate cost of delivery for projects and makes sure that projects remain within profit targets
- Track, assess and report project milestones and deliverables
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Provide consistent project updates to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Design, develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and other documentation collateral related to project delivery
- Feedback, coach, mentor, motivate and supervise members of the team
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Managing large and diverse teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 4+ years of industry experience & project management experience with 2+ years of experience in coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Deep knowledge with software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc…)
- Experience with cloud computing and microservice development and concepts
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Strong leadership skills, driver, and motivator
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- (Bonus) Experience contracting and working with outside parties for the procurement and development of SW systems.